Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75946 by Lars
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:08 pm
Is there any way to simply turn on an object tracking feature to the snaps? when I'm drawing an object, I currently have to pre-draw projection lines off of everything I want it to be flush with and then trim/trace them to get the object to be correct. If I could just start drawing using projected snap points from adjacent objects, that would be INSANELY helpful! I feel like I'm doing everything twice.

Thanks!
#75952 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:02 pm
You'll want to use GetSnap for this. By default, you can hold down the [Shift] key and press the Middle Button on the mouse to snap to an entity and expose the GetSnap menu. The list of options available will vary depending on what type of entity you snapped to. The most commonly-used options are X and Y. These will return either the X or Y distance between your first point and the point you snapped to.

Here is a link to an OLD Technical Bulletin on the subject. You can search the What's New in DataCAD? document for info on more-recent additions to this menu.

GetSnap (for DataCAD 9.03 and later)
https://www.datacad.com/support/bulletin/PDFs/DC9_Get_Snap.PDF

MFM