Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76319 by LizR
Wed May 01, 2019 12:20 pm
Good Afternoon,
We have been using text scale relative to plot scale recently, and for the most part it works well. However we have run into a problem when we have multiple scales in the same drawing. Is there a way to turn off text scale in existing text or to "lock" the scale so it won't change when we change the plot scale for a different detail? We have used go to views in order to solve some of the issue, but if the view is turned off, everything changes to the current plot scale and causes the drawing to regenerate. Because detail drawings tend to be text heavy, it can take a while to regenerate.

Turning text scale off does not affect text that was created previously. I've tried matching attributes to text that was created with the text scale off. I've tried pasting it into a new drawing where the text scale is off. The only other thing that I can see doing is to completely redo all the text with the text scale off. I am hopeful that there is an easier method. Thank you for any help or advice.
Sincerely,
Liz R.
#76323 by Neil Blanchard
Wed May 01, 2019 3:33 pm
Hi Liz,

Are the different scale details separate Goto Views? If so, you can toggle on the option to save the plot scale with each GTV, and then update the GTVs after setting the appropriate plot scale - and then each time you use a GTV shortcut, you will have the correct plot scale set.
#76331 by LizR
Thu May 02, 2019 11:13 am
We did that, and it works great once the details are finished. However, while we are working on them and going from one to the other, it makes working on the details difficult. We tend to turn off GTV while we're working on them so we can reference, copy/paste, etc between the different details.

So is there a way to turn off the text scale or lock it to the current scale so it won't continue to change even if we're playing with the plot scale for something else? If not, do you have a better method of redoing the text other then re-typing it all?
#76337 by LizR
Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi Mark,
They're already set that way. What I'm gathering is that there is no way to turn off text scale for existing text. So any ideas on a faster way to re-create the text without retyping it?
#76339 by Neil Blanchard
Thu May 02, 2019 3:31 pm
Hi Liz,

Here's what I do: I use ParaText, but this could work for any type of text - I use my shortcut to Change / Text / Contents. Then I Select All (Control-A) and then Copy (Control-C) - this puts the text to the Clipboard. I then toggle to the other detail (which changes the Plot Scale) and then I create a new text entity - and Paste (Control-V), and that gets the contents to the correct size quite smoothly.
#76340 by Roger D
Thu May 02, 2019 3:35 pm
I would go back to each view, set the correct scale which should then size the text correctly.
Then go change/more/lock size/off. I think that would work.