Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76895 by dhs
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:54 pm
or you can delete them from within DataCAD by clicking on the Folder icon in the Symbol Browser and then selecting Favourite Folders / Manage from the drop-down menu. That displays a window with your list of Favourite Folders. You need to left-click on the folder you wish to delete (or click one and then shift-click on another to select a range), and then right-click to display a menu that has a 'Delete Selected' option.
#76905 by Bob Urbanek
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm
Thanks, David.
Another question. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and other than a couple of printer driver issues, it went smoothly. Continuing my cleaning up process, I ran into another problem. I had upgraded to DataCad 19, a while back, and I left V15 installed on my computer. I decided to finally remove V15, so I uninstalled it using Windows uninstall. I thought it was OK because it disappeared from the list in the uninstall area. The next day, I was in the file explorer, and noticed that V15 was still listed, with all its sub folders.It obviously didn't get uninstalled Can I just delete it from there, or could that cause me any problems?
Bob
#76906 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 pm
Bob Urbanek wrote:Thanks, David.
Another question. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and other than a couple of printer driver issues, it went smoothly. Continuing my cleaning up process, I ran into another problem. I had upgraded to DataCad 19, a while back, and I left V15 installed on my computer. I decided to finally remove V15, so I uninstalled it using Windows uninstall. I thought it was OK because it disappeared from the list in the uninstall area. The next day, I was in the file explorer, and noticed that V15 was still listed, with all its sub folders.It obviously didn't get uninstalled Can I just delete it from there, or could that cause me any problems?
Bob
Usually if the folders get left behind it's because the have something in them that the installer is not setup to remove so it leaves them there incase you need to recover or move something. I would browse thru the folders to make sure there is not something in there that you would like moved to your v19 install. I would also check your Program Prefs Paths and make sure nothing is pointing to anything in the v15 folder, if so move them over. You could also move the folder to another location and run v19 like that for a bit as well to make sure everything is running good. Once you verify there is nothing left in that v15 folder and your v19 install is running well and you have put it thru it's paces it should be safe to erase.