Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77772 by George W. Burns CPBD
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:56 pm
Has anyone had this problem before?

The lighter weight text is weight = 1. The heavier text at the top of the note is weight = 1 also. Both same color (Magenta), same size, same aspect ratio, same everything. This seems to happen when I take a note from my symbol library and place it on a drawing, and then add some text in the same size, color, and weight as additional lines. Although this block note was all one symbol, in the past I probably changed the note on a drawing and then re-saved it to my library. There is the distinct possibility that this (and several others) came from DataCad 8.05, so I don't know if that might have anything to do with "upgrade translation".

It's not a "big" deal, but it just looks messy. Any help would be appreciated. I guess the only solution I have at the moment is to sit down for a day and do nothing but place text note symbols into a temp drawing, re-type them next to it, and then re-save the new typing as the old symbol?

George
#77776 by Mark Bell
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:05 pm
If they're both TTF, the darker font may have Both (outline and fill) on, whereas the lighter font may just have fill on? Ctrl-right click and open the Text Properties and check from there.