Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78085 by George W. Burns CPBD
Thu May 28, 2020 2:49 pm
I am a user since DC5. I currently have 19 and love it. I use it for traditional 2D drafting, but I want to investigate how to use its 3D capabilities, and I mean beyond the basic wire structure. I've been doing that for years to generate a wire frame I can trace over for a hand-drawn 3D rendering. I'm talking about applying finishes and such so that I can create videos to show clients. Is there a YouTube channel of anyone demonstrating finishes?
#78401 by Nick Pyner
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:12 am
There is a swag of stuff on this - including in your V5 manual that you hopefully have still in the bottom drawer. The schoolhouse model therein is as good as anywhere to start. Since you have the 2D stuff, it is not hard to draw vertical polygons on it to represent wall surfaces. You don't see the wall, you just see the paint that's on it. You can apply finishes and transparency in DataCAD and, in O2C and Sunshader, the means of viewing it. You may find that all you need is already in the menu, but you may ultimately want to export the job to something like SketchUp or similar dedicated render programme.