Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78868 by Bob Urbanek
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 am
DCAD crashed last night. After restarting, I found I can't print anything. When I go to print plot, I get a message that my printer isn't available. Same message if I choose check plot. Everything seems OK in Control Panel. Can't figure out how to fix this. Any ideas?
Thanks.
#78895 by Bob Urbanek
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:22 am
Thanks for the reply, Neil. Yes, it's a network printer. I can use it in other programs/apps. Seems to be Datacad related. I had my plotter set as my primary printer ,and another one for my check plot . At this setup, I would get the same message if I picked either one. Out of desperation, I picked the printer I used for check plots, and it worked, so I'm able to get some things done.I'm thinking of upgrading to V 22, but I would like to get this resolved first.Do you think that the upgrade would fix it? One other thing----- I vaguely remember that Mark had written something about a new feature in either V20, or V21 regarding Z settings and how it made things easier, or something along those lines. I haven't been able to find anything on it.Maybe my memory is faulty.
Thanks,
Bob
#78897 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Open your drawing and try using CTRL+SHIFT+C to clear the printer settings.
#78901 by Dave
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:52 pm
Try setting Microsofts PDF Printer as your default printer and set it in datacad as both options, primary printer and check plot, print to that and see what happens.

May need to clear the windows print queue https://www.technipages.com/windows-clear-print-queue although if it's crashing before you are getting to send it to the printer I suspect it's not the windows spooler.
Does Datacad produce some tmp files to do with printing that could have got screwed up.

DaveR