Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78934 by Mark Bell
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm
To give you the opportunity to create some find memories later on ...
DataCAD 8, from memory, came bundled with Visual Reality so you may need to reinstall it at some time if you still use it?
#78935 by joshhuggins
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am
Recent versions of Datacad seem to open all of the DC5 and SM3 symbols just fine for me, so unless you have another reason other than nostalgia, I would say no.
#78936 by esme103
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 pm
Thank you Mark and Josh. I don't even know whether it is possible to find a cord that plugs into the key and the printer and the computer so this is probably a moot question. I have the same key for DataCad 9. Will the disks for these function i if put into a computer and why would one need them if you have DataCad 19? I am sure I have some projects saved on Zip disks and I don't have a device to read them anymore. I guess that the answer is that all these things are good for the garbage can. I value your replies though.
#79407 by Nick Pyner
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:23 am
Mark Bell wrote:To give you the opportunity to create some find memories later on ...
DataCAD 8, from memory, came bundled with Visual Reality so you may need to reinstall it at some time if you still use it?

I think it is right that Visual reality came with Dcad8, but it could be installed independently. VR probably won't work on later versions of windows anyway. I know Simply 3d doesn't, and at least that was a native windows successor. Both packages work on XP.