Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79019 by Nick Pyner
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:00 am
I am having grief with a radius dimension. The circle was drawn with a 155 radius. ALT+X shows it at 155. There is no doubt about where the centre is, or the intent, but an aligned dimension shows 152mmImage. I don't understand this.
Attachments
dim trouble DCad.jpg
#79020 by joshhuggins
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:10 pm
There is a lot of linework there so it's hard to tell exactly what is what , but couple of things come to mind to try.

- Have you tried using a Radius dimension?
- Could your cursor alignment not be set to parallel / perpendicular to the points used to snap the dimensions?
- Try turning on quadrant snapping, that should help align the snap points to your cursor's rotation.
#79023 by Nick Pyner
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:09 am
Now that radius dimension really DOES put the cat amongst the bloody pigeons...

I have never used it before. I click on the circle and I am offered 154.99999'. Close enuff. I hit Enter, and I get R152 on the drawing.

I don't use curve centre or dim points either but, now that I turn them on, I see everything I would expect to see. The centre is at the top of the only vertical line and there is a line passing through the diameter. All the dots are kosher, and the radius identifies at 155.
#79032 by Mark Bell
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:16 am
Also adjust your decimal places to say 2 to give a more accurate readout as there may be a fraction of a mil at each end being rounded up to give a longer overall length?
#79071 by Nick Pyner
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:41 am
Mark Bell wrote:there may be a fraction of a mil at each end being rounded up to give a longer overall length?
The difference is 3mm.
#79072 by Nick Pyner
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:That is odd - have you tried doing a horizontal and/or a vertical dim? Just curious if there is something happening with the Rotated dims.

OK....
The rectangle was stretched to a line 120mm
The red circle was drawn to that radius
Red ALT-X line and ALT-X radius are kosher 120mm
The dimensions all agree with each other and are all wrong.

I think there re some other dimension issues, but I'm not sure what they are.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (75.21 KiB) Viewed 7913 times
#79073 by MtnArch
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm
How far is this from absolute zero?
#79074 by Nick Pyner
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:13 pm
32 500
(actually a bit further than I thought)

Now, I have moved this snippet to abs zero. It seems to have fixed the problem. This is a surprise, as 32m isn't so far and I have not had an abs zero problem for years. This point of attachment doodle was just off to the side of the real job, and was then lifted to its own drawing in order to sort out the mess. I will go back to the original and check there

Thanks.