Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79201 by 2mackids
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:19 pm
I have default drawings for floor plan(s), roof plan, and elevations. So here's another new one. For years I would xref a floor plan into a roof plan drawing - fine. Then when I would start to work on an elevation drawing, I would xref the floor plan and roof plan in separately to the elevation drawing (for convenience purposes it's quicker for me to turn off the plan and roof layers separately as opposed to go into the xref menu and turn off the floor plan which is already xref'd into the roof plan). In the roof plan default there is a separate layer for the floor plan(s) which gets xref'd in. When I bring the roof plan into the elevation drawing as an xref, the floor plan no longer shows up - even though that particular layer is checked on.

I'm having new problems with xrefing which I have never experienced and it's extremely frustrating. I have tried repairing individual files but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?
#79202 by joshhuggins
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:17 pm
Sounds like a nesting issue. Some things to check.

- In the Program Prefs, Drawings tab, under Xrefs, is Display Nested Xrefs checked?
- In the Reference Manager, is the Nesting radio button (the circle/dot) 'On' for your selected xref?
- Do you have your drawings or xrefs clipped via Xclip or drawing clipcubes?
- In the Reference Manager, is Nested XClips and Sclips, Merge with Parent Clip Cube checked?

Let us know if any of those work out for ya or not and we can dig deeper if needed. If you figure out what it is check that your base file gets fixed up too so your future drawings are ready to go. :D
#79217 by Roger D
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 am
Ref Manager.png

When in the xref manager, trying to set colors, the color bar goes the full height of the screen

update:
Found the [XrefMgr] section in dcadwindialogs.gui, saved the file for backup, and then deleted the [XrefMgr] section and saved file. That fixed it.