Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79355 by MtnArch
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:21 pm
What plotter are you trying to print to? If it's an actual plotter (like an HP or a Canon) there should already be a size available; otherwise you'll need to set up a custom paper size through the driver for what you're trying to plot to.

One "Cheap Trick" I learned long ago is that you could download and install a printer driver for a plotter and then use Dcad's built-in PDF creator to plot using the "plotter's" paper size.
#79356 by esme103
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:28 am
Hi Again Alan,
Thank you for your post. I started searching around the forum and found that I had had the same problem some years ago. Something must have altered the drivers I had. Anyway I found an old response to my problem before with a recommendation from Josh Huggins to install another driver and he gave me 3 names. I remembered that I had picked PDF995 before and just did it again. I googled download PDF995 and found that I could do that easily. I now have it again in my printer driver list and am able to choose and Arch D paper size.
I really appreciate your response as it spurred me on to find the earlier one and now all is good.
Best,
Margaret Esme'
#79359 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:10 pm
Glad I could help jog the ol' memory banks!
#79363 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Here's the Cheap Trick I mentioned ...

If you install a plotter driver (like an HP or a Canon) you can trick the computer by assigning it to an LPT port; even though you probably don't have one on your computer Microsoft still has them listed for a port you can select. The main idea is to get the plotter driver installed - you only use it to set your paper size and then use Dcad's built-in PDF for the plot.

You can also use this Cheap Trick if you DO have a plotter but it doesn't plot to the size you need (ie you have a 24" carriage plotter but need to print to a 30x24) - install a plotter driver that DOES support that size and then you can pick it!