Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79389 by Nick Pyner
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:36 am
After 28 years of DataCad, I'm sure I have never had anything like this before.

As soon as I attempt to go to the print plot menu, i.e. just click or kbd macro, I crash out of the drawing. I don't get to see the menu. DataCad is still up and running and the actual file seems to be intact when I re-open it. I have just re-installed DCad from scratch - to no avail. It makes no difference if it is an existing file or new. The new V19 install seems to be otherwise fine - just in need of my support files. Windows Notepad seems fine.

I will swap in a recent W10 system image but I thought I would send up this distress rocket first.....
#79390 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Have you tried cutting and pasting a portion of the file into a new file to see if it's a corrupt layer or entity?
#79393 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:26 am
With a drawing open, have you tried CTRL+SHIFT+C to clear the printer settings?
#79394 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:52 am
Perhaps you've fallen victim to...

LetWindowsManageMyDefaultPrinter.png
Let Windows Manage My Default Printer
LetWindowsManageMyDefaultPrinter.png (10.98 KiB) Viewed 5710 times

Uncheck this option and manually select your desired default printer.

MFM
#79401 by Nick Pyner
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:02 am
OK, Team...
This might be over. I don't know what happened. I found the "let windows manage..." dialogue somewhere and it was already turned off. The printing problem was only with DCad but was not fixed with a clean re-installation. Windows 10 has just now gone through an update and maybe it was repaired in that process. I was prompted to restart because I had some little glitch with file management, nothing to do with DCad.

Rather mysterious.