Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80216 by DavidBergman
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:47 pm
Hi all. In the course of playing with my monitor resolution (much too long a story to get into), I lost the Navigation Pad. I got it back - sort of - via View/Toolbars and clicking on the Navigation Pad box at the bottom. But it appears just as letters and arrows (with, I think, slightly different commands), not the icons I'm used to. Clues on how to bring it back the way it used to be?
#80217 by joshhuggins
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:56 pm
Sounds like you turned on the Classic Navigation Pad, uncheck that bottom option and there should be a Navigation pad option in the scrollable list of toolbars above. if it is checked, it might be off screen somewhere. If you can't find it, it could be off screen. Shutdown Datacad and go into your C:\Datacad 19 folder and try to locate your DcadwinToolbars.gui file, I believe it's default location \Support Files\User Interface folder I believe. I don't recall it's exact location right now, sorry. One you locate the file Right Click it and select 'Open With, Notepad.

Once the file opens in Notepad, Scroll down to the section [TBNavigation], and erase everything from the title [TBNavigation] down to just above the next section. For example in my file I wouild delete he following lines.
Code: Select all[TBNavigation]
Rev=2000
Visible=0
DockedTo=TBDockLeft
LastDock=TBDockLeft
DockRow=0
DockPos=745
FloatLeft=150
FloatTop=120
FloatRightX=137
Caption=Navigation Pad
PPI=96

Close and save the file and restart Datacad. The Navigation bar should return back to it's default location now. You might have to recheck the box in View, Toolbars to see it.
#80222 by MtnArch
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:45 pm
Way to go, Josh .. making some of us feel REALLY old!

;-)