Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#81809 by DavidBergman
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:13 pm
When dimensioning tight areas using arrows (rather than tick marks), when the area is too small to fit the arrow heads, is there a way to have the arrows on the outside of the extension lines? And a related question, since the text won't fit within the extension lines either, what do you all prefer as an alternative location for the text (especially if it's within a string line)? I was taught to use a curve leader to 'attach' the dimension.

I've made a crude sketch to illustrate the point.

Thanks
Attachments
datacad dimension sketch 2.jpg
datacad dimension sketch 2.jpg (40.18 KiB) Viewed 4167 times
#81813 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:41 pm
David,

I use tick marks for dimensions, so I can't say that I know about having them toggle to the outside of the witness lines?

I use the small arc method if needed. Sometimes the dim can be manually placed in a way that is clear what is what without the arc. I use a 3-point arc after the fact, but there is an option to "Draw Leader" which is an arrow, right in the Dimension menu.