Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73807 by ORWoody
Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 pm
A while back, someone asked about "groups" in DCAD 20 and if anyone was bumping into problems with them. I had, but only minor ones back then. I am noticing now that I can draw a series of lines that are all connected, but they aren't seen as a group. At most, two or three will. A dozen lines will have three or four groups.
I hope that this gets fixed because I sure do like the groups concept.
#74148 by Jim Allen
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:13 pm
Have you noticed that stringline dimensions are not grouped anymore either. Some of my stringlines I did earlier in the drawing are still a group. But not dimensions I add that way today.

Also, I wish I could move symbols by their insertion point like we used to. I hope there is a good reason for these changes unless they were not meant to have happened.
#74150 by Jim Allen
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:52 pm
Automatically Group Dimensions=TRUE is in my .ini. So I checked in another file and it is grouping them. For some reason, it does not group them in the file I have been working on. Now I'm not sure if I've seen it in other files. Sorry, I should have checked that.

The symbol issue is that you can't select them by area or fence by just enclosing the insertion point. I think it was brought up on this forum before. Now you have to enclose the whole symbol.

Jim
#74151 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 pm
#74152 by Jim Allen
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 pm
This gets confusing when I can't remember for sure how it used to work. I thought I used to be able to select symbols by area by just enclosing the insertion points. Now I have to have crossing on and I don't like that. I get things I don't want to be selected when things are crowded. Maybe I just have a faulty memory:D

Thanks for the input, Josh.
#74153 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:58 pm
I tried setting that INI value to FALSE and it did not help so that might be an obsolete entry now. Dave will have to chime in on if there is an option to go back to the way it used to work, sorry Jim.
#74164 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:10 pm
#74172 by ROBERT PENN
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:09 pm
#74173 by ROBERT PENN
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 pm
What I am finding is that where a symbol has no text attributes I can pick up the symbol, (if the whole of the symbol is within the fence/area) but when there are text attributes it won't pick up the symbol unless you include the extents of the text attributes. This is problematic when the text attributes are hidden and you can't visually see them on the screen! For one client I use the text attributes to add information to the symbol so the client can get the information in the background as metadata information, but that information is not seen on the screen, it gets extracted.
#74174 by joshhuggins
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:01 pm
Sounds like Mr. G might have to whip up a tasty INI treat for our buddies here. :mrgreen: