Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74532 by David Porter
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Is there an easy and automatic way to convert AwfulCAD PAT hatch patterns to a format that will work in DCAD?
#74533 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm
I use a program called HatchKit, but it's $70. If it's a freeware hatch pattern, shoot it over to me at josh(at)joshhuggins.com and I'll see if I can convert it for ya.
#74534 by David Porter
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 am
I found that I had HatchKit from back in 2008. Can't believe that was ten years ago already. But, it doesn't seem to work when I install it. Probably doesn't play nice with Windows 10.

Thanks for the offer to convert a pattern for me. I have lots I wanted to convert from Coronado stone. I will stick to the stone hatch patterns I already have.
#74535 by RParker
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am
There was a conversion program (long time ago) that would convert ACAD.pat files to DCAD.pat files. ACADPat2DCADPat.ZIP in the DCAD Support - Downloads section. Haven't tried it in a long time but might work.
#74536 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am
RParker wrote:There was a conversion program (long time ago) that would convert ACAD.pat files to DCAD.pat files. ACADPat2DCADPat.ZIP in the DCAD Support - Downloads section. Haven't tried it in a long time but might work.

It does work! I just tested it on Windows 10 and it successfully produced a dcadwin.pat file. I then copied that file to my Hatch Patterns folder and used the Convert function in the Hatch Manager to convert the .PAT file's contents to .DHP files.

Dave
#74537 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:37 pm
I have version 2.7 of hatch kit from 2009 and it's running here on Windows 10 FWIW. Might need to run as administrator maybe?