Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73522 by David Chaffee
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:19 am
After all of these years, been using since Ver.4, I've started to attempt understanding and using all aspects of external referencing. especially self Xref's. Question, can a specific pen table be attached to an xref, or a go to view? Thanks
#73523 by Roger D
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:32 am
not that I know of, but you can hightlight the layers to change there appearance in that xref view.
Open the Xref Manager, and you can make the whole xref a different color, and or you can change individual layers to different color and/or linetype, spacing.
#74387 by dmartens
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm
But you can assign a specific pen table to each detail on an MSP sheet.
#74388 by Roger D
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:20 pm
I know you can set a different Pen Table to different Scales. Must have missed setting different Pen Tables to unique MSP Details. Where is that setting?
#74389 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:42 pm
Roger D wrote:I know you can set a different Pen Table to different Scales. Must have missed setting different Pen Tables to unique MSP Details. Where is that setting?

Roger,

While in a Sheet view, [Ctrl]+Right-click on a highlighted detail and hover over Pen Table and select <unassigned>. This will open a file select dialog where you can choose a Pen Table to associate with that Detail.

pen table.JPG

Dave
#74390 by Roger D
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:48 pm
Need to get a current Revision History print out a do my random review of features that got added and I do not remember. :oops:
#74391 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:05 pm
Roger D wrote:Need to get a current Revision History print out a do my random review of features that got added and I do not remember. :oops:

Roger,

May have to go back a bit in the Revision History to find this one. I think I added this back in version 12 after adding Detail Highlighting.

Dave