Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74180 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:05 pm
Yeah, both great additions, thanks as always boss man!
#74181 by ROBERT PENN
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:For the next update, I've added the following new INI key to the [Symbols] section of the INI file:

Insertion Point Considered For Area/Fence=FALSE

Setting this to TRUE will allow symbols to be selected with Area/Fence by their insertion point.

Dave

Brilliant!! The guru comes through again!!
Thanks dave. :D :D
#74395 by Steve Elton
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:45 am
Back to the groups topic: I'm still on 18 and reading thru before my upgrade. I have the same problem with groups for ONE of my files in V18 whereas the other files and new files will still stringline and group as per normal. It is a medium floor plan with 3 floors worth of info in 190 layers and all of a sudden the grouping stopped. Not a big file size. I kept banging around looking for a setting to no avail thinking that I might have hit a wrong keystroke or something to screw up the grouping. I'm at the point where I am going to try and layer utility out and start a new file as soon as I can reset my drawing timer.
#74399 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:41 am
Steve Elton wrote:Back to the groups topic: I'm still on 18 and reading thru before my upgrade. I have the same problem with groups for ONE of my files in V18 whereas the other files and new files will still stringline and group as per normal. It is a medium floor plan with 3 floors worth of info in 190 layers and all of a sudden the grouping stopped. Not a big file size. I kept banging around looking for a setting to no avail thinking that I might have hit a wrong keystroke or something to screw up the grouping. I'm at the point where I am going to try and layer utility out and start a new file as soon as I can reset my drawing timer.

You should try opening a new drawing and then using the File, Import command to import your existing file.

Also when you say " I am going to try and layer utility out" you don't mean the old layer utility macro do ya? You don't want to use that macro anymore as it's deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore as it doesn't properly support newer layer features.
#74558 by Steve Elton
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:15 am
joshhuggins wrote:You should try opening a new drawing and then using the File, Import command to import your existing file.

Also when you say " I am going to try and layer utility out" you don't mean the old layer utility macro do ya? You don't want to use that macro anymore as it's deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore as it doesn't properly support newer layer features.

Good suggestion.
Funny thing is, the problem fixed itself not too long after I posted that reply. It was only with the one file.

I did do my upgrade to V20 since then.
Regarding layer utility... kind of my default term I guess as it is what I used to clean up drawings since DataCad3. With the newer versions I have used the LayerSets to accomplish the same thing. I don't know if it actually helps in the newer versions but it seemed to clean out and fix issue way back when.