Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73825 by Glenn Curran
Sun May 06, 2018 7:46 am
Good day,
Does anyone have any experience of the latest Parallels or VMWare Fusion virtual machine with DataCad 20 on a 2017 imac running High Sierra. Very interested to hear good or bad stories.
Thanks in advance.
#73828 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 07, 2018 7:44 am
What version of Windows will you be running, in the virtual environment? As far as I know, if DataCAD 20 is compatible with the version of Windows, then you should be good.

The only other issue is that you need a mouse that makes a Middle Button available in the Mac OS, so that it is available in Windows.
#73832 by Glenn Curran
Mon May 07, 2018 11:07 am
Thank you Neil and Jerry!
I'll be running on Windows 10. Do you notice any slow response using Fusion, Jerry? DCad is very, very quick on straight windows and I'm hoping for no (or very little) slow down with Fusion or Parallels. I use a 3 button mouse anyway, so no issues there.
Thanks again, guys.
#73837 by Glenn Curran
Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 am
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your advice (as always). The imac has 16GB RAM. I'll only be using Windows for DCAD - nothing else. All other stuff will be on the imac. So perhaps I can devote less than 8GB to Windows?

Glenn.

PS Jerry - thanks for your last post - I'm pleased that speed seems to be fine.