Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73953 by ORWoody
Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 am
What does unit height refer to and how does one control it?
I've seen it before and thought that it must mean something, but it didn't seem to affect me one way or another. Today, I inserted an XRef and saw that a lot of the linework is missing. The lines are all zero/zero so ignoring zero on the clip cube did nothing. When I identify, the only thing that jumps out is that the unit height is at 50'. Where did that come from?
Thanks,
#73954 by Roger D
Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 am
Something (maybe the xref) has a xbase/height difference of 50'.
Do an area change, x-base = 0, z-height = 0 and see what happens.
Sometimes doing as sun shader or Object Viewer View will show what is 50' tall.
#73955 by ORWoody
Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 am
I had changed everything in the file to zero/zero earlier, but now I see something else. One XRef is showing 6+" as the Z height and another is showing 1+". If there was some consistency, I might be able to figure out why I am seeing this. There isn't so I am really confused.
#73956 by ORWoody
Wed May 23, 2018 11:22 am
The missing lines seem to be related to my using a self referencing file of an XRef and then making a clip cube of that XRef. When I went to the SelfRef and copied that, I was able to use the clip cube with no problems.

The answer to the missing lines was understandable, but the unit heights isn't It seems as if every XRef or Self Ref has some random unit height.
I suspect that the answer is going to be a simple one.
#73962 by jimgoodman
Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 am
Oran:

Double check any symbols that are in the drawing(s) and edit them to set everything to zero/zero.
#73965 by ORWoody
Thu May 24, 2018 10:30 am
I think that you may have given me the answer here. I have symbols that I've been accumulating and creating for thirty years. They were done at whatever Z settings happened to be current at the time that they were created.
Time to do some clean-up work.
Lots of clean up work.
Thanks much,