Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74006 by Reed Richins
Thu May 31, 2018 10:05 am
Installed DC 20 on a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. Toolbars and dialog boxes are so small and cropped as to be unusable. Increasing overall display size for the computer has some but not much effect within DC. Has anyone run into this and have any suggestions? Color display is also way off.
#74016 by MtnArch
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:16 pm
Bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 17 7773 2-in1) a couple of weeks ago and had no issues installing or since with DC V20 (latest update). Have had a few other issues but not related to DC.

Hope you get it figured out!
#74118 by gcpickering
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 am
I am having the same issues with v. 19.03.03.01 and was hoping that upgrading to v20 would help. i guess not at this stage so not sure if i should upgrade. What i have done, which might be helpful to you is in windows Start, System, change display settings,scale and layout, change display settings. I bumped it up to 250% and that helped somewhat. But i am still having an issue with the drop down arrows and several sub menus (i.e layer manager, etc) still have tiny text. MArk Madura did post another suggestion, changing something in windows, which also helped, don't remember exactly what it was, but a search should find it. Let me know if you find a solution.
#74120 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 pm
Reed Richins wrote:Installed DC 20 on a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. Toolbars and dialog boxes are so small and cropped as to be unusable. Increasing overall display size for the computer has some but not much effect within DC. Has anyone run into this and have any suggestions? Color display is also way off.

Reed,

Please make certain that you are running the latest update for v20. DataCAD's 20.01 update addressed a multitude of issues when running on a high DPI display.

Dave