Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74361 by Tiffany
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 am
Hey all - this is the second time its happened where we open a file and all of the multi-plot layouts no longer appear in the preview. You can hover the mouse over the detail to see the edges, and a pdf plot preview shows everything where it should be, but the sheet multi-layout view is blank. The first time we could only fix it by copying all the layers and setting it up again on a new file - which was OK for that sheet as it only had a few details (we tried a purge/save as - didn't work).
This file has two sheets and many many details and the layout view only became invisible after loading and 8.5 x 11 printer to print up one of the details to redline, upon reloading the plotter everything apparently vanished.

Has anyone run across this before? How can I get the layout's to show up? I have already made sure preview is toggled on, though I don't think it is a setting because other than loading the printer I did not change anything in the print/plot menu.

Thanks, Tiffany

Follow up notes from later in the day for any curious parties:
- Determined that my session backups from earlier this morning display the multi-layout sheets as normal.
- This is not isolated to just my copy of datacad/PC, any PC in the office can open the file and the display issue remains.
#74368 by Tiffany
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm
It looks like I am the only one running into this issue (yay me!)

For now - I am going to assume this is an issue with my printers settings (Brother MFC-J985DW) and be careful not to load this printer without a back up save... I will hang on to both versions of my session back-ups if anyone wants to try and figure out what changed between the two. We do have the super subcrip account with Datacad, but if I am the only one with the problem I'd rather not bother them lol.
#74369 by Roger D
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:32 pm
did you happen to have "Extents" under the Setting menu at F3 turned off?
#74370 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm
Tiffany,

When you loaded that printer driver, did you make certain to select a paper size that was the same as when you did your MSP detail layouts? In the Print menu, select Setup and check this setting.

Page Size.JPG
Page Size.JPG (70.61 KiB) Viewed 3772 times

Dave