Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77855 by JSteinke
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:22 pm
I tried that as well, Old line weights just show multiple lines of weight 1. So a line width 2 would be three equally spaced line weight 1 lines. line width 3 would be 4 equally spaced line weight 1 lines.
#77947 by JSteinke
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:29 am
I am still horribly frustrated by this problem. I've tested it on 10 monitors and 3 laptops. All of them had the same issue and all of them had resolutions greater than 1440. I had to buy a specific 21" 1920*1080 monitor to get the lines to be readable. You can set the resolution to be much lower but then you lose the native screen resolution refresh rate. (on a lot of monitors anyways)

Going forward, this is probably going to become an issue for your software as almost every modern computer comes with a ultra resolution monitor. (unless I am just an outliner).

Oddly I also ran into this issue with a coworker's 1600*900 monitor at their house.

You really need some sort of graphical display only line thickness setting.
#77953 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:38 am
Please try the following settings and let me know if it helps. You'll need to restart DataCAD after you've made the changes to DCADWIN.ini.

[General]
Logical Pen Width Adjustment=-1
Logical Pen Width=TRUE

Setting Logical Pen Width Adjustment to -1 should make lines thicker (-2 or -3 even more so).
#77979 by JSteinke
Fri May 01, 2020 3:47 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:Please try the following settings and let me know if it helps. You'll need to restart DataCAD after you've made the changes to DCADWIN.ini.

[General]
Logical Pen Width Adjustment=-1
Logical Pen Width=TRUE

Setting Logical Pen Width Adjustment to -1 should make lines thicker (-2 or -3 even more so).

A negative value does indeed work! Thank you!