Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74518 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 pm
Is it possible to weld two polylines together to become a single polyline? I had two open polylines and wanted to join them into a single polyline either by connecting them with a single common point from their open ends or filling the gap between their ends with a segment.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.17 KiB) Viewed 5123 times
#74519 by Paul Nida
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:48 pm
I used to have a 3rd party macro that would do this, but I'm not sure what happened to it. I got it back around version 4 or so and I don't think it is available any more or even if it still works. Best ting to do now is draw a couple of lines to close the 2 polylines and use contour search to draw a new polyline and erase the other two and the lines used to close them.
#74520 by Roger D
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:20 pm
Can make one a void of the other.
#74521 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm
Paul Nida wrote:Best ting to do now is draw a couple of lines to close the 2 polylines and use contour search
i tried that, but Contour Search failed. :(

Roger D wrote:Can make one a void of the other.
Thought this might be the ticket, but voids only work on closed polylines, which makes sense. So I tried closing them and then added one as the void and played with it but nothing worked like I hoped. In the ends I just traced both with a new polyline. Was just hoping for a little magic trick someone might know of. Thanks for the ideas gents!
#74522 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:02 pm
Convert them to lines using Poly To Line in the polyline Edit menu. Join them with line segments. Convert the whole shebang back to a polyline using Line To Poly.