Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74561 by John Vardis
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:25 am
I am trying to create plot files to a USB stick for printing to an off site printer that is not connected to my computer.
Is this possible with DataCad?
Can anybody help?
#74562 by joshhuggins
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:50 am
There is a Print to PLT function in the Print menu that should do it.
#74563 by John Vardis
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:25 am
Thank you for your advice.
However, the 'print to file' function works only with the 'quick layout' function and it is restricted to the size of paper my printer handles.
If I don't use the 'quick layout' function I get a blank pdf file.
There must be a way.
#74566 by joshhuggins
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:17 pm
So do you want .PDF output or .PLT output? In order to output to a PDF on a paper size which you don't actually have a device for you will need to install a print driver for a device that has your required paper size or install a PDF print driver. There are several people here on the forum who use different PDf print drivers (you can search the forum for them), I personally use PDF XChange'd PDF Printer for my PDF output as it gives you tons of options especially when batch plotting from Datacad. the quick layout must be set to locate the paper over your drawing area so it knows what to print. Sounds like you might want to brush up on printer in the Datacad manual as well which you can get from the main http://www.datacad.com website if you need to download a copy.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.