Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74633 by Bob
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi All,
Is there any way to make auto 3d single sash casements? It appears that the casement type window will only install a double sash French casement. I could model picture units of the correct size but they won't ever be partially open in 3d.
Maybe something to be added to the wish list?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
#74634 by joshhuggins
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:28 pm
AFAIK not using the builtin tools. Would have to go the 3D symbol route like you mentioned and create a model for ever operation/open angle you want to show which is not ideal.

Casement windows in the Window Type Manager really should have where when Quantity=

1: Use a single sash
2: Double sash
3: (and any odd amount higher) have the sash open % affect the outside sashes as they do now for a current 2 sash, with an option to fix the center sash or have it open-able and a toggle to change the hinge side of the middle sash.
4: (and any even amount higher) Similar to how it works now for 2 sash.

This would take some more logic from Mr. Dave's noggin obviously, but it is how it should work I think.
#74635 by Bob
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:03 pm
Thanks Josh.
In other words it ain't happening till someone designs the tool. That is beyond my capabilities.
#74662 by dmartens
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:53 pm
Now whoda thought you might need a single casement? Show me a house with casements that doesn't have one!
#74669 by cadline
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:09 am
Everryone should be allowed to design as they please and the software should be their to assist in the design

In South Africa we often use single casement windows

DataCAD also has no function to design a window with unequal casements as in as sliding door sidelight, we often specify two top hung openers and the remaining bottom portion as a fixed panel , DataCAD cannot preform this function which is quite frustrating

download.jpg
download.jpg (3.31 KiB) Viewed 8628 times

single casement window.png
single casement window.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 8628 times

shopping.jpg
shopping.jpg (12.26 KiB) Viewed 8628 times