Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75162 by dmartens
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 pm
When are we going to be able to do a contour search with arcs in the boundary and have it work?

Dan
#75166 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm
We can now, but the arcs have to be perfectly cleaned with adjacent lines / arcs for it to work. An old wish of mine is if the snap miss distance could be used a sweep to help jump minuscule gaps that would help contour search complete when things are not cleaned 100%.
Attachments
contourmiss.jpg
#75169 by dmartens
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:46 pm
I repeat my question then. It has been very frustrating (and today didn't help) every time there is an arc involved to have to manually select the boundary. I don't understand why this doesn't get fixed.

Dan
#75171 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 pm
dmartens wrote:I don't understand why this doesn't get fixed.
Because curved geometry is crazy complex. :lol:
#75172 by Roger D
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:08 pm
There was a polyline macro (within DCSprint Ln2Pln) that allowed one to create polylines by group, color match and it had a miss distance so if they did not match up, it would still create the polyline.

Sometimes I have been able to use hatch/SFB Fill/boundry/contour and it will create the hatch even with a arc that is off by 5/32" at each side (just tried it). If that works, then you double click on the polyline (what an SFB Fill is) is turn off the Fill and you will have your polyline.
A few extra steps, but you get what you want.