Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75571 by The Canuck
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 am
I am sure I am missing a very simple button click, or this is a new feature in V20.

If I want to "Move" something and select the "fence" tool, I get a closed box/area as I work around whatever I am trying to move. This allows me to see if I have everything within the closed box or not. When I select "Stretch" and use the "fence" tool, all I get are single lines. It isn't a closed box/area. Hopefully that makes sense. I came from V16, and no matter what tool was chosen, if I selected "fence" it was always the closed box/area.

Have I forgotten to check something in preferences, turn something on, or is this just the new way?

Thanks,
Jason
#75572 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:22 am
The Fence command in both Move and Stretch is showing a complete, closed fence here. How are you starting each of the commands? From the menus, a shortcut key, or maybe a toolbar button? Does it happen in a new blank drawing?
#75577 by The Canuck
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:00 pm
I am using the toolbar button on the side.

In regards to drawings.... I did a blank test file, and it worked as it should (or how I think everyone assumes it would with the closed fence). I went to some older files (last year) and they also work. I even looked at my base drawing file that all drawings originate from, and it worked just fine. It appears to be a few of my more recent files, that the stretch fence is not complete. Not sure what would have changed.

As another test, I opened the file giving me trouble in V16. The fence was not complete. So it is more definitely something within the file, it would appear. I just don't understand what would cause it.
#75579 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Might try closing all your drawings and using the File, Repair tool on the files in question to see if that helps clean up the files.
#75580 by The Canuck
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:30 pm
Just tried that. Definitely cleaned up a few things, but still running into the same issue. It is something I can learn to live with... thankfully I am not stretching too much. It was more out of curiosity of a feature that maybe I overlooked. It will be interesting, when I start a new project shortly, if I am running into the same issue, even though the base file is ok.

Thanks for the help.