Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75633 by dirtsailor2003
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 am
We recently upgraded from 18 to 20. In the previous versions once the symbol browser was open we could use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll down through the symbols in a folder. We can no longer do this. We have to click on the side bar and drag it up or down. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

On a positive note when looking at the folders for the symbol browser we can now use the scroll wheel to navigate those, before we couldn't.

Case
#75639 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:18 am
It's probably a Windows 10 setting causing it. Click your Start button, Settings, Devices, Mouse, Turn off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" and see if that fixes it. I actually use that feature more outside Datacad so I leave it turned on and just adjust my symbol browser grid to fit more in or manually scroll.
#75640 by dirtsailor2003
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Works on my box - are you hovering over the SB?

Yes I have tried hovering over the SB. I have clicked the SB and hovered over it that also doesn't work.

So interesting note: This is happening on two new machines that are Windows 10 platform. I just tried this on a machine that we still have on Windows 7 and I can scroll through symbols, but not the Folders, unless I click on one of the folders then I can scroll through the folders. On the windows 7 machine I can have the pointer anywhere over the symbol browser to scroll the symbols.
#75641 by dirtsailor2003
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:22 am
joshhuggins wrote:It's probably a Windows 10 setting causing it. Click your Start button, Settings, Devices, Mouse, Turn off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" and see if that fixes it. I actually use that feature more outside Datacad so I leave it turned on and just adjust my symbol browser grid to fit more in or manually scroll.

Thanks Josh I bet that is it. Unfirtunately some of our folders have so many symbols that they get too small to see what they are. Especially the Simpson hangers!

Yes that was the issue. Thanks!