Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77023 by The Canuck
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:27 am
I have had a couple different files as of late give me this problem. I want to do a Quick Layout, center the print box on what I am trying to print, click print. I am then presented with a blank "sheet" of paper in the print preview screen. This appears to happen with both Quick Layout as well as Multi Layout. I have tried restarting DataCAD, restarted Windows, tried on other files, and it is hit or miss.

All my files start from the same template file, so it doesn't make sense that some would present a preview, and others wouldn't. In the past when this happened, I feel like restarting, or going to a different go to view, printing, and then back to what I want, solved the issue. This time nothing is working that I am coming up with. Really puts a damper on being able to print and sketch different ideas/layouts.

Would love to have some insight if others have had this happen in the past.

Jason
#77024 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:47 am
I get this from time to time also, usually backing all the way out of the print command fixes it along with a regen. A few other things I might check are;

- Check your print driver settings, maybe something has gone wonky there.
- How are you invoking the print menu? Are you using the menus or quick keys? Macro or toolbar button?
- Are you loading a saved print setting? Maybe it has a bad setting and needs to be re-setup and re-saved?
#77025 by The Canuck
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:55 am
I was actually just about to come back and respond that I got it to work. I think it had something to do with the Pen Table settings. Even though I checked on the setting, and it appeared to be what I wanted it to be, I am thinking it wasn't or it wasn't loaded correctly. It wasn't until I re-selected that pen table file that it now works. Don't completely understand what happened or why it happened. I just hope I can remember that for the next time.