Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77208 by cjricha
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:44 am
I have been running into a problem but it is only on one machine. The rest of my computers have Windows 7, but the one I am having problems with has Windows 10, so not sure if that is part of the issue or not.

While working in a drawing or even if it is just open, after a while the drawing gets and error, and closes. The program itself does not close, just the drawing. It also does not matter which drawing, it can be any drawing. But, if I click manually save the drawing every couple of minutes, it does not crash and I can keep working in the drawing no problem.

"Error: DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault 36 Error from : 808"

I have tried reinstalling the program, it did not help.
#77216 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:09 pm
Welcome to the forum!

I think it may well be related to Win10 - there was an update recently that caused a crash. You can roll it back, and that may well fix it.

I had this a couple of months ago. And I have updated Windows since then, and it is totally fine, now.
#77217 by cjricha
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:29 pm
Roll back DataCAD or Windows? I started having issues with 17, and that is why I updated all of my computers previously, because there was a security update on Windows 7 that didn't play well with DataCAD. Starting to get frustrated with DataCAD and windows............
#77221 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:49 am
cjricha wrote:Roll back DataCAD or Windows? I started having issues with 17, and that is why I updated all of my computers previously, because there was a security update on Windows 7 that didn't play well with DataCAD. Starting to get frustrated with DataCAD and windows............

Roll back Windows 10 to before the most recent Windows Update. That's why it is affecting both versions of DataCAD.
#77224 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:03 am
Do you have the latest update for Datacad installed?
#77287 by cjricha
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm
I do have the latest versions of Datacad, no updates are available. As far as rolling back Windows goes, one of the computers is brand new, with a fresh install of DataCAD 21. So I have not actually updated it, so that seems like it will be an issue. The other is the latest version of DataCAD 20, and it has had this problem since day 1 when it was installed on the computer. I dealt with it for awhile seeing if there would be a fix. It was only affecting me at that time, I could deal with it. But now it is affecting others and wasting time. It also sounds like it will be a problem every time windows updates. Back when I had DataCAD 17, every windows security update caused us major issues. We had to always roll back security updates, which is not ideal, just to get DataCAD to run.

To me, this is a major issue. DataCAD needs to come up with a fix. My only other solution is moving away from DataCAD. My company has been using it for a long time, so that is not what I want to do. But if the program is not going to be reliable, it is what I am going to have to do.
#77288 by cjricha
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:56 pm
I guess I will have to retract the latest update part on DataCAD 21, as I did not notice a new update was released yesterday! I am going to install and see if it fixes my issue. Fingers crossed.