Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77484 by gjtreadwell
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:54 am
Recently I have been trying to increase the size of the toolbar icons in Datacad 20. I noticed that in an older version-Datacad 18(on Win10) I had the perfect screen display with somewhat larger toolbar icons(that I could see without straining my eyes).
I can't repeat that set-up in version 20. Tried making the icons size 32 and even 48 but that just spreads the icons further along the top of the screen.

I am using the same icons in the same folder- Support Files>Toolbars. Pretty well tried every combination in 'program preferences' but can't get that slightly larger toolbar icon menu in version Datacad20 as I had in version 18.
Running Datacad18 and 20 on the same computer and monitor(Asus VS248HR 61cm True Resolution : 1920x1080) at the moment in Windows10.

See images below. Any ideas out there how to increase(small adjustment) the icon image/s H X W? It's the old icon tool bar which I have always liked from day dot. Back in the day I created a couple of my own icons with the help of the Smith and Morse V9 User Guide. Still use that manual. Would 32X32 Pixel icons read a bit bigger or just clearer. That icon tool bar has been around for ages. It's a classic.

Datacad user for over 20 years.

Regards,

Gary Treadwell Design.
Attachments
DataCAD20.jpg
Datacad 20 screen shot.
DataCAD18.jpg
Datacad 18 screen shot.
#77487 by gjtreadwell
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:21 pm
Thanks David,
I still get the same result with use external icons unchecked. The toolbar icons in earlier versions would change with different Windows resolutions. That doesn't seem to happen in version 20.
Regards,
Gary Treadwell.
#77488 by Mark Bell
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:36 pm
Just a guess here, on the next tab, lower right, there's a percentage scale factor for the dialogue box sizing, check this is at 100%. The other option is to backup the v20 icons then copy your v18 icons into the relevant folder and replace the v20 ones and see if that works.
#77489 by gjtreadwell
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:21 pm
Thanks Mark,
I renamed the v20 icon file and imported the v18 icon file but it made no difference.
Also have been looking for differences in the dcadwin.ini file for v18 and v20.
Haven't discovered anything in the way of different settings.