Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77537 by Glenn Curran
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 am
If anybody can help with this, I'd really appreciate it.
I'm using DCAD 20 on an iMac with Windows 10 and Parallels 14. For some time the Utility and Edit menus have been behaving strangely in that I can be drawing and happily selecting commands from the menus with no problems and then for no apparent reason, one or more of the menu commands will "self select" and I have to go through the menu clicking on the unwanted commands to cancel them. But that's not the end of the problem, because when I click on a command I need, the wrong command is activated. Sometimes the problem clears itself, but more often than not I have to close Datacad and re-start to get back to normal.
This morning the problem has occurred yet again, but with a worrying outcome, in that I can no longer select any menu command, not just from Utility and Edit, but also nothing from the top menu bar (File etc) or any of the icons. The only thing I can do with the mouse is draw using keyboard shortcuts and zoom in and out. Closing Datacad and restarting does not help.
Has anybody experienced anything similar?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
#77539 by Mark Bell
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:50 pm
Maybe disconnect from the internet, do a virus scan and check/clean your mouse? The only time I occasionally experience similar to what you describe is using the on screen keyboard where the mouse sometimes 'does its own thing', and this is on a Win10Pro Lenovo.