Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78394 by Dave
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:06 am
How do I add ctrl-a (select all) to a keyboard-shortcut

Thanks
DaveR
#78395 by joshhuggins
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:01 am
Little confused as to what you wanting as Ctrl+F should be set to Freetrim and Ctrl+A should be set to Select All by default I believe (that's what I have them set to, but I might have changed them and have forgotten) If you are wanting to change a keyboard shortcut combo or add a new one, with Datacad closed, you can open the Support Files\Messages and Labels\DCADWIN.MNU file in a plain text editor like Notepad, and add any key combo (within reason) to any command listed in the MNU file. Place your desired key combo using the same format as the existing commands within the file between the | |. Save and close the MNU file and start Datacad to test it out.

One thing to note is you can only have a combo shortcut assigned to a single command. Normally Datacad will assign the shortcut to the first command in the list that has that shortcut combo assigned and ignore the one the follow down the list. If you are not getting the expected results. You can do a search for the combo you want to use and see if it's being used elsewhere in the file and remove it leaving the ||.

Hope this helps!
#78396 by Dave
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:50 am
Thanks Josh, sorry I didn't make myself clear. I want like to add select-all begin to the crl-f shortcut so pressing ctrl-f will take me to freetrim/select-all/begin.

If I can't change the mcr file to do this can I add select-all to a keyboard alias - let's say fta for FreeTrimAll. So ^;^f9^s5^ctrl-a^s8^ would go to cleanup/freetrim/select-all/begin
DaveR
#78398 by Roger D
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:17 pm
Try this alias
[FTA]
comment=free trim all
alias=^;^f9^s5^4000#^s8^f1^

couple good sources for codes
Built-in Menu Function Numbers https://www.datacad.com/ddn/built-in_fu ... mbers.html
Extended Character Codes https://www.datacad.com/ddn/extended_ch ... codes.html
#78399 by joshhuggins
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:02 pm
Gotcha, yeah you can't add a macro code to the Ctrl+ based MNU file as far as I know, but you can change any of the MCR's Alt+ entries to the code you or Roger posted or add an alias as Roger suggested.
#78400 by Dave
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:30 pm
Thanks Roger and Josh, I knew there was a list of extended codes somewhere. Have created an alias using FTA. Have stored the links in my Onenote Dcad page.

Thanks - DaveR