Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80025 by tonymaiocco
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:19 am
Hello. I’m having trouble making the grid 1 & grid 2 marks more visible on the display, especially grid 2, which I can’t see at all. I’m zoomed in enough to avoid having the grid being too small to display. I’m using DataCAD LT 21 with a white background and dark gray grid color.

I tried increasing the small grid marker size from 3 pixels to 80 pixels, but still couldn’t see the small grid. I think the marker size is the length of the small crossed lines that represent the grid points. So far, I haven’t found a way to thicken those crossed lines.

I was going to try changing the background color, but couldn’t remember how to do that. The “menus” tab of the Configure DataCAD LT 21 dialog box doesn’t show anything about changing the background color, even though Reference Manual page 45 seems to indicate otherwise.

Any tips about how to make the grids more visible would be greatly appreciated.
#80033 by Nick Pyner
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:37 pm
tonymaiocco wrote: It was turned off.
That sounds like a really good idea, and a lot can be said for turning off the other one too. If you set the snap grid sensibly, say 10x10mm, that should be all you need.

You normally change the background colour by going to the tools dropdown menu and to the programme preferences at the bottom, then to the drawing tab. I assume that is also right for LT.

Dark grey would be a poor choice for practically anything, under any circumstances.