Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80534 by John Daglish
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 pm
When I right click on a symbol in the symbol browser i have the option "Open this symbol's folder in Windows Explorer"
I have my symbols (Insert Symbol, Classic Templates, Classic Symbols, Symbols Base Path) in Program Preferences pathed to F:\datacad\symbols

It opens in to My Documents which is in F:\Users (not on C:\ as is usual).

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Regards

John Daglish
#80535 by joshhuggins
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:18 pm
Is your Symbol Browser set to a Folder or are you looking at a Template?
#80539 by Joseph Baron
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 am
What path is shown when you mouse over the symbol? Maybe try a computer restart?
#80541 by John Daglish
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 pm
Joseph Baron wrote:What path is shown when you mouse over the symbol? Maybe try a computer restart?

The correct path is shown F:\DATACAD\Symbols\L4 ACCESS, BARRIER & CIRCULATION\L41 DOORS, WINDOWS, ETC (ACCESS PRODUCTS)\L413 Windows
#80542 by Joseph Baron
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:02 pm
John,

I believe it's the COMMA [,] in the folder names that is causing the issue.

I renamed one of my folders adding comma, parenthesis, and ampersand, all present in your path names, and using a COMMA prevented the Symbol Browser right-click 'Open this symbol's folder...' function from working.

I'll report this in the beta group.
#80545 by Joseph Baron
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:56 am
John,

Mark Madura notes that this is "Fixed for the next build".
#80552 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm
The fix will likely only be for V22 - not V21.
#80561 by John Daglish
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:40 pm
Joseph Baron wrote:John,

I believe it's the COMMA [,] in the folder names that is causing the issue.

I renamed one of my folders adding comma, parenthesis, and ampersand, all present in your path names, and using a COMMA prevented the Symbol Browser right-click 'Open this symbol's folder...' function from working.

I'll report this in the beta group.

Thanks

John