Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#81930 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:48 pm
I'm trying to create elevations from a simple 3d model, but when the software sets the viewpoint to begin the hidden line draw, it is zoomed and a portion of the building is cut off. How do I set to view all? I tried setting each viewpoint from a distance and then saving a separate window for each, but when I start the elevate macro, it again zooms to 1/2 of the building on some view.

It seems like a address this issue years ago, but I've slept since then and hardly remember what I did yesterday.

Never mind. I just did 4 simple HLR's without the macro, and using "crop" off.
#81931 by Mark Bell
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:58 pm
You can also place a clipcube around the model and then use HLR with Clipcube which does the cropping automatically.

Another useful tool, which we find is slightly more accurate than the standard Hide option, is to use the Section Tool in the 3D menu. If generating elevations using this option you'll need a ground plane so there is something for the macro to cut through so just add a flat polygon under your model that extends out.