Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#76245 by Tim Mohr
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:01 pm
The added controls to the interface are great but it is a little odd that I need to run my laptop at 1920x1080 (native resolution 3840x2160) to have decent line weights while connected to two 27" monitors (which work fine at the 3840x2160 native resolution). I presume have to do this in order to compensate for the physical difference in size (ie the large screens are literally twice the size of the laptop with the same pixel field)...I also find that at the higher resolution I have to turn logical pen weight back to FALSE as the increased resolution makes the difference between line weights difficult to discern. Anybody else run across this?
#76247 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am
What is the Display Scaling value set to for each of your displays? I assume the smaller display is set to a higher percentage than the external monitors.
Have you modified the High DPI settings located on the Program Compatibility tab of the DataCAD Program Properties dialog?
Which display is set as your Main Display?
Display_Scaling.png
Display Scaling Settings
Display_Scaling.png (44.1 KiB) Viewed 6683 times
Program_Compatibility_Tab.png
Program Compatibility Tab
Program_Compatibility_Tab.png (125.84 KiB) Viewed 6683 times
High_DPI_Settings.png
High DPI Settings
High_DPI_Settings.png (155 KiB) Viewed 6683 times
Primary_Display.png
Main Display Setting
Primary_Display.png (30.4 KiB) Viewed 6683 times
#76249 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 am
I have the Windows Display Scale and Layout settings to what Mark posted.

The DataCAD properties / Compatibility / Change high DPI settings / Program DPI toggled on, and High DPI scaling override also toggled on. On the Advanced scaling settings dialog, I have the "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" - toggled on.

In DataCAD's Program Preferences / Toolbars tab I have Status Bars Drop-down Width set to 125(pixels?).

On the Interface tab, I have the Dialog Box Size slider 5 marks to the right of 100% and the max is 200%. (I think that this range changes in response to another setting?)

I have the Multi-view Windows Scale Correction Percent (if you use these) set to 180.

On the Drawing tab, I have the Drawing Area font size set to 10; though this is not a critical thing.

I may be missing some other settings - if your system still isn't working satisfactorily, ask about some other things, and we can fine tune yours and mine. The things I would like to get better, is several dialog boxes in DataCAD that are cramped, and the font is either partially truncated and/or overlapping itself; and the Layer Manager has too small buttons and too large layer names, and partially obscured entity quantities column.
#78950 by paulh
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 pm
I'm having some similar issues here, but it seems to be only with the dialog box sizes being so large that I can't view the action buttons on the bottom or even drag the top bar. I'm running DataCad 21 on Windows 10 and have set the Compatibility Properties for the program as Mark showed above. I see Neil mentioned a Dialog Box Size Slider under Program Preferences, Interface tab, but I don't have this slider available. I attached a screenshot showing my troubles.

Any other information needed to help me resolve this frustration?
Datacad 21.JPG
Dialog boxes are oversized