Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#76607 by gregg kett
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 am
Hi out there, is anyone having problems with the section function in the 3D edit menu . i created a 3D model using slabs and when i do a section sometimes only the horizontal slabs show up and not the vertical slab entities, this happened shortly after i accidentally hit the 3D knife tool instead of begin in the menu.

Is the section function supposed to work with smart enterties, i recall it had problems as well when i tried.

while we are at it can anyone tell me what the fold settings button does in the options drop down box.

thanks cheers using version 21 latest
#76608 by Mark Bell
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:13 am
Everything working okay here, including with smart entities. Some suggestions - check Layer Search is on, clipcube is off.
I haven't used Fold Settings. Had a quick look in the Reference Manual but couldn't locate anything. Bulge Divs suggests a curved entity. It would be interesting to see a screen shot of a section cut using it.