Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#77305 by sheldon
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 pm
I have transferred from Autocad to data cad recently, I am getting the hang of it so far since in the past I used it before. With that said I am having some challenges with inserting door and window callouts. The callout comes in too small and only with the number change instead of the number and the letter, D for door or W for a window. Or is it a case that I am looking int the wrong place for these callouts, I have data cad lite.
#77313 by ORWoody
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:39 am
Are you using the DCAD_AEC macro/tool, Room Labels? I just checked and it appears to work as you want it to work. If I use a D prefix such as D10, the next insert will default to D11 and so on. The same thing happens with W.
If I use the letters as a suffix such as 101D then all bets are off. The following insertions will all be 101D. The incremental increase works only when the letter is first in the string.
All of the properties of the lines for the boxes and capsules and for the text is there on the first menu.
Note that this is strictly a dumb lines and dumb text macro and is not linked to 3D entities. You are responsible for declaring the correct prefix so it's best used in a running manner. Do all of your doors at one time and then progress to windows.
I'm not sure if the macro is available in Lite, but if it is, it should work there also.
Good luck,
Woody
#77314 by ORWoody
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:41 am
One thing to note is that if you start with single digits, when you get to 10, the macro defaults to 1. Just add the zero and from then on, you'll be working in double digits.
Woody