Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#77563 by Gary24752
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:54 pm
When bringing an x-ref into a drawing the text and or arrows are not the same as what is on the original drawing although the text aspect ratio and the x and y distances seem to to be correct. The arrow leader to the left of the text appears correctly while the arrow leader on the left appears foreshortened and the appearance of the text in regards to the aspect ratio seems to be foreshortened from that on the original drawing. Removing fit text does not fix the problem. If I bring the drawing in as a self xref on the original drawing it shows correctly but not if brought into another drawing. What can I do to correct this?
#77571 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:58 pm
Not quite sure I quite follow you on this one, can you upload a couple of screenshots of a before and after? Might be able to give you a better list of things to check.
#77630 by Gary24752
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:47 pm
I am having the same problem with text. It looks correct in the symbol that is in the original drawing but when brought in as an xref the aspect appears changed
Attachments
Chapman-ExteriorElevations.png
Symbol.png
Symbol.png (9.37 KiB) Viewed 6804 times
Symbol.png
Symbol.png (9.37 KiB) Viewed 6804 times
#77632 by Gary24752
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 pm
The issue was apparently in the drawing. Text appearance would be different irregardless of whether it was text or a symbol. I tried purging un-used symbols, layering it out and repairing it neither of those solutions worked. I ended up moving everything to a new layer and saving that layer. I then created a new drawing with new layers moving things to their appropriate layers and made new views. Once I did that the text on the xref and symbol file worked as they should.