Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#77594 by cblair
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:05 pm
Does a macro exist to interrogate wall lines, presuming all the other layers are off, and remove or correct any that are non-linear?
I'm working on a very normal house and found several lines slightly off the basic 90 degree grid; probably a sloppy move or stretch
or something like that. I could see them so corrected it. Thank you.
#77616 by ORWoody
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:44 am
I have a macro called Right that corrects lines like you mention. I just checked and it appears to do much more than that, but the only thing that I have ever used it for over the years is to correct some slightly out of grid line. Even though it has the normal entity, group... etc. selections, I have always used it for single lines. I'm not sure how it works for numerous selections at one time.
I wish that I knew who the author was so that I could thank him for a really nice tool.
Woody
#77617 by Ted B
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:52 am
I've usually avoided macros, but they're handy. Where's a good site to look for third-party macros?
#77621 by dhs
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:02 pm
Where's a good site to look for third-party macros?

... obviously I need to mention my site ...
Evan Shu was my go to source. He carried them on Cheap Tricks.

I suspect that the maintenance and sale of the macro listing was not something that was worthwhile for Evan financially. Quite possibly he did not leave instructions etc. to enable somebody else to take it over, but even if he did then I don't know if anybody would be interested...

There are some macros available for download from DataCAD's site (bottom of the page at https://www.datacad.com//download/index.html). If any of the authors of 'cheap tricks' macros are willing to make them available for free then perhaps they could contact DataCAD and ask to have their macros listed on that page for free download. (I would also be willing to list macros by others for free download on my site, but the datacad site is probably more appropriate if Mark is willing to add your macros).

Other pages on the DataCAD site that mention macros are pretty much out of date and totally useless.

I believe that Joseph Baron may be available to do custom development (as am I), but my site (https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/macros.htm) is the only site offering datacad macros for download that I am aware of (other than datacad.com). I'm surprised that the macros developed by Bill D'Amico do not appear to be available anywhere (manuals and help files are available from the abovementioned datacad page, but not the actual macros?).