Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#77754 by RParker
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:42 pm
Not sure if this is possible.
Would like to be able to set different aspects for text. I use 1.5 for my normal text, also use extended characters for stacked fractions. Is there any way to set up so that when I use the extended characters for fractions that they could be set to aspect = 1.0 ?
#77755 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 pm
They would have to be separate text entities to have different aspect ratios.
#77757 by Ted B
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 pm
For years...decades...I used a fairly-closed Aspect for dimension text and notational text, typically 1.25 or 1.5. But as I integrated more and more Sketchup Pro documentation into my construction drawings I found the difference between the texts jarring. Sketchup's paperspace texts are 1.0 Aspect so I bit-the-bullet and opened-up my Datacad text Aspect to 1.125 or 1.25 and after a while got used to it. I did compensate by going one-step smaller in Size in places. I find as I get older, I appreciate "white space" more...

My office-standard .TTF font for construction drawings is similar the the "Datacad"-font so at 1.0 Aspect it tends to sprawl across the page....especially numbers.