Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#77866 by dennisnorton
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:01 pm
For some weird reason, when I batch Plot, an error message is posted saying that a certain view had errors... The drawing didn't have the view... Is there a list somewhere that it uses as a default? The Goto Views it references is a file that I had several years ago with those views... Strange.
#77867 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:25 pm
I would try doing a purge on the file.
#77875 by dennisnorton
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:53 pm
I have purged, packed, etc.
One thing that I noticed, and had forgotten about. The manual shows, and I remember several versions back, that when you add the drawing file to batch plot, you are prompted to flag the GotoViews, etc. that are to be plotted. There is no prompt nor a way to instruct the program which views to plot... There is nothing - just add the drawing file and hit Print... Perhaps a file is corrupted or an .ini file that needs correcting?

Another thing - When I PDF Merged yesterday, all of the files that I included to be merged DID NOT MERGE. I was quite embarrassed when my client told me I was missing 5 sheets of drawings. I went back to add them, but they would not load into the file. Is there a size limit on the merges?
#77877 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:27 pm
dennisnorton wrote:Another thing - When I PDF Merged yesterday, all of the files that I included to be merged DID NOT MERGE. I was quite embarrassed when my client told me I was missing 5 sheets of drawings. I went back to add them, but they would not load into the file. Is there a size limit on the merges?

Are any of the files you are trying to merge, password protected? From the RevHist...

PDF Merge
Use PDF Merge to combine several PDF files into a single document. At first, you are prompted to enter the name of the master document that will contain the merged files. The second step is to select the PDF files to merge. In the file dialog, multi-select the files to merge then click Open.

Note: The merge function does not allow combining password-protected files. Prior to attempting the merge, the files you select are checked for passwords and the process will be cancelled if any of them require one.