Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#77962 by tlarso
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:20 pm
I have just installed a new HP DesignJet T100 24 in printer and am having a problem printing/plotting to it. DataCAD 21 recognizes it but will not print/plot to it. The Utility menu has a print option which I have selected but within the menu it has another print option which takes me to a preview screen with another print option. When I select the last print option the preview goes away but the drawing does not go to the printer selected which is the HP DesignJet T100 24 in printer. What has happened to the Print/Plot option throughout DataCAD 21? Any suggestions in solving this problem are greatly appreciated.
#77965 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:33 am
Okay, you may need to go into the first Print menu, and then go into the Setup... dialog, and select the new plotter, and the size paper you want. Then then back out to the Print menu. I would suggest leaving the Preview toggled on, because seeing the output before sending it, can save you paper and ink and headaches. Then, once you have confirmed the Preview is good, you can either Print it, or save it to a PDF file.
#77968 by tlarso
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am
Thanks for the advice. As it is it turned out I had a problem with the printer driver I was using. Worked with HP today and got the proper driver installed and the printer is working very well. The biggest problem I have with it now is that the procedure to load a single sheet for printing is very complex. Maybe a con to this printer.