Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78186 by tlarso
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:32 pm
I am having problems when working with symbols. When I select to use a symbol and have the "explode" option selected I am unable to work with individual entities. When I select an entity I get the whole group as if it did not explode. Also when I get lucky enough to get a selected symbol to load exploded after I have made modifications to it I am unable to redefine the symbol. Any help is appreciated.
#78188 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:12 pm
Sounds like you might have nested symbols inside your main symbol maybe?
#78190 by tlarso
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:21 pm
I may have. But when I did that I had exploded them upon selection. I take it that does not render the exploded symbol as its own entity to be modified and combined with other entities and then be saved as its own symbol with no connection to the symbol it was originally. The item I am having problems with right now is a detail symbol that I made and decided to modify by adding a graphic scale symbol. When I selected both symbols the explode and rotate button were selected. After I did my modification and tried to redefine the symbol I added the graphic scale to I could select the area I wanted but when I hit the continue button the highlighted area went back to being unhighlighted and I was unable to select an insertion point and redefine the symbol.

I hope this explanation will help in finding wha I am doing wrong or if it is a bug in the program which requires a fix.