Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78199 by Chris
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:00 pm
I was noticing that the Toolbar Lock is also outside of the configure menu. It sure would be nice to ADD a "lock x-refs" on the cntrl-rt click function? In lieu of (or addition to) isolating and layer locking?
#78200 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:46 pm
Chris wrote:I was noticing that the Toolbar Lock is also outside of the configure menu.
I think it's in the View menu so it's near the main View\Toolbars dialog launcher.

Not sure if this is a default setting or not, or if it's something you might want to set, but if you open C:\Datacad XX\Support Files\Messages and Labels\DCADWIN.mnu in Notepad, and search for Lock Toolbars you can add a quick key to it in between the ||.

I have mine set to
Lock Toolbars|Ctrl+L|

You can look at some of the other examples within the dcadwin.mnu file for ideas on available shortcut options or other commands you may want to add a quick key combo for.
#78201 by Chris
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:08 pm
Thanks Josh, I was aware of the Lock Toolbars, this would be a LOCK X-REF command so you cannot accidentally delete them
#78205 by Paul Nida
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:17 pm
I thought that was what lock layer was for. So you didn't accidentally erase, move or change something you didn't want to. Whether that was a line, text, dimension or xref.
#78217 by Paul Nida
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 pm
Yes and if you had the xref locked locked somehow I would assume that you would temporarily unlock it to make a change as well then lock it back.