Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78300 by ORWoody
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:45 pm
I am attempting to create a PDF using the batch plot routine. Normally, all goes exactly as expected and I'll get a single file with all of the selected GoToViews included.
For some reason, the worrisome file has now started completing a sheet and asking for the name of the PDF. Then when it completes the subsequent sheets, after each sheet the routine asks for a name again. The result is either the only sheet being included is the last named sheet or if given different names, a bag of single sheet files.
I think that I cancelled a print run, but can't remember for sure, and since then, the file always does as noted.
Once before that same thing happened and I can't recall what I had to do to make the file work correctly.
I've purged and created a new file using layer sets, but nothing seems to fix the problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks much,
Woody
#78301 by Roger D
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:08 pm
Are you using the F2 - Batch command, and have set the "To File" box checked and indicated the directory to place the resulting file(s)?
I usually only do sheets, so don't know how quick views might be combined into a file.
#78302 by ORWoody
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:08 pm
Batch print....

It must get so tiring for the folks at DataCAD to see users like me, have problems, see them whine, wait a little while and have them find a solution that has nothing to do with DataCAD.
Typical.

I got to wondering if maybe there was so much junk running in the background that my batch print routine was running out of memory.
After shutting everything down and restarting the system, the batch print runs exactly as it should.
Happy me.
Woody
#78303 by ORWoody
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:17 pm
Roger:
That batch print routine completely replaced my former multiple plot files that I would create and then combine for a print set.
All I do is have my GoToViews include GTVs for each sheet. I set the sheets up with XRefs, sheet specific text and a border. Example "Cover, C1, S1, S2, A1....A12, M1, E1, E2, P1". The on layers for A1 would be A1XRefs, A1 and 24x36. The layers for E1 would be E1XRefs, E1 and 24x36.
I sure do like DataCAD.
Woody