Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78340 by joeferguson
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:45 pm
Hello all,

I have experienced this for fifteen years now, from DC 11 thru 21 but never made the time to put it out to the forum.

My work often requires me to work and print in a large scale (typically 1:3) (or is that a small scale?) so often I need to hatch with a pretty small scale number. Today I used the Sand hatch -- it works fine at 100 scale but only shows one grain of sand. So I reduced the scale, and somewhere between a scale of 25 and 20, the program goes into a "not responding" mode and I have to shut down and restart.

This has happened many times over the years and I usually find a workaround or simply don't hatch. The crash has happened with many different hatches over several different iterations of DC.

My question is, is this likely a lack of computing power, or something inherent in DataCAD? I have a fairly robust system and am wondering if others have experienced this, and if there is a fix.

thanx in advance

joe
#78343 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:56 pm
In the Pattern select menu, try turning off ScaleToView if it's on and when it locks up try holding the END key to stop the drawing of the patters preview and see if that helps.