Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78405 by Roger D
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Need to change many dimension lines to have a specific suffix on.
Tried Change Dimension match all - no good
Made a Dimension Text Style, saved that.
Tried Change Dimensions/To Style Pick the one I saved - no good.
Doesn't appear to have any method to write a command alias to change a suffix, no code, etc.
Any suggestions?
#78740 by artmanvt2000
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:59 am
Roger,

Click on "Dim Styl" (S4) in your Dimension/Linear menu. Then select "Suffix" (S9). After selecting "Suffix" you will be prompted to enter a suffix to use. This will stay static and add the suffix to all new dimensions until the "Suffix" is turned off.
#78748 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:53 am
I could not think of a method directly in Datacad that worked, sorry Roger. Using Change, Dimensions, To Style should be added to the wishlist.

At one point I had adjusted all of my dimstyles to enable both the prefix and suffix and had the prefix and suffix text set to a space so they were always there and I could just double click on a dimension and then click the prefix or suffix button to add them to any dimension, albeit one at a time, without having to first enable them. I think the only reason I disabled it was because when we move dimension text, we can still only see the bounding box and not the actual text so it made placing dim text in small dims hard to align when needed.

Now there is a old wish that needs to come true, being able to see dimtext as we place it.