Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78584 by joshhuggins
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:31 pm
This is something that has hunted me for years, basically as long as I have known how to use Tangents. I normally prefer my Tangent divisions to be set to 8 but they constantly they revert back to 4. Does anyone else suffer from this? I don't know if I am inadvertently doing it by performing a keystroke sequence too fast or incorrectly. I don't believe I have any macros doing it. I was just hoping that maybe others could chime in if it happens to them as well or not so I can try to figure out if I am going crazy(ier) or not. :lol: Thanks!
#78586 by seasdes
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 am
Hi Josh
I can change my Tangent divisions to 8 and that setting saves with the drawing. I also changed my default setting for my drawing template and new drawings have the tangent divisions set to 8 also.
#78587 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:25 am
joshhuggins wrote:I normally prefer my Tangent divisions to be set to 8 but they constantly they revert back to 4. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Perhaps the value is getting reset when you recall a GoTo View?

[General]
GTV Remembers Tangents=TRUE
#78589 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:28 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:I normally prefer my Tangent divisions to be set to 8 but they constantly they revert back to 4. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Perhaps the value is getting reset when you recall a GoTo View?

[General]
GTV Remembers Tangents=TRUE
Ahhh that's probably it! I didn't think about it saving that Tangent Divisions as well as cursor orientation! I will test and see, thanks Mark!